popads

BAR

Monday 6 November 2017

House of joke?


  Good day friends. I hope y’all had a fun filled weekend. I wish I could Say same about myself. It started well though, but it ended on a rather sad note concerning things that are happening around me.
Sometimes I wonder if there is any hope for my country, but one may say ‘when there is life there is hope’.  But I am of the opinion that whoever coined that adage did not have my country in mind.
  In a country where unemployment and poverty is very high which means every right thinking government should be doing their utmost to reduce this hydra headed menace, but no, our house of rep members are buying cars worth #6,100,000,000.00.(six billion one hundred million naira). Now guys we have 360 house members and this is the amount that was budgeted for them to buy new cars. The disturbing word here is ‘new’, i mean these men are already cruising around in exotic cars, so why for the love of me are they demanding for new cars when their people are suffering? For those who don’t know, this amount can build many cottage industries employing many Nigerians, it can build a good number of hospitals. It can also be used to provide water, roads and other amenities that can make life meaningful for Nigerians. Unemployment is a huge problem in Nigerian, so if government can help in creating jobs then fine, we have not yet reached the stage where government’s job is only to create an enabling environment for investors to create jobs. And talking of investors, I doubt any investor worth its salt will want to be associated with what is going on in this country, though we really need them for the sake of ordinary Nigerians.
   Sometime when these things happen I am more than convinced that it is only when a true and fair election is conducted in this country then will we have elected officials who will work for the electorate. As of now, our votes don’t count hence the 'elected' officials or is it 'selected'  are not obligated to work for us after all they bought their way there. There is nothing I will write that has not been written before, but there is something we as Nigerians can do to make sure these things are corrected, and that is to make sure that our votes count come 2019. All hands must be on deck to make sure that our votes actually count and our friends in the west can help us in this regard.
    I have not totally lost hope in my country; I do hope that things will start to get better in my life time though. I am not happy friends, Cheers.
By Ubong victor.

No comments:

Post a Comment