popads

BAR

Wednesday 21 July 2021

EXPOSING OBI CUBANA'S SECRET

 


A MUST READ
If you are still criticizing Obi Cubana based on your biases, then you didn’t listen to that video.
Don’t take sound bites away from the interview, listen to the entire thing.
I only went to Ibiza about four or five times while still in Abuja, omo bill pursue me. It wasn’t too expensive, but City Park was definitely better and most of our nights out were just to find somewhere to eat fish and unwind.
City Park, Eden Park, Mogadishu.
With 20k in your pocket, you and your crew could catch maximum cruise but I furu that Ibiza that year? Mba.
In spite of the fact that a friend’s branch managed Ibiza and then Cubana, I am still amazed at myself that I am just getting to know the same person who owned Cubana owned Ibiza.
And then he actually mentioned that his first million he made from land sales and from handling the interior decor of a client’s house. Go and play the video again. He did not say he “made it by hard work” and leave it at that… he outlined everything he did until he found the goose that lays the Golden egg.
He said he had cooked mama put - in that Abuja.
He had run a garden - in that Abuja.
He had sold land - in that Abuja.
He had handled contracts - in that Abuja.
If you know Abuja well, you will know that Abuja is a place where what you need is to just hit on that one contract. Find that one thing that is a niche market for you. Find that one plug that works.
For instance, I once had a friend who supplies Cubana with some of their drinks. This guy also had his own bar a little further down the road from Cubana on Adetokunbo Ademola, and would invite us his friends to come and sit out and drink once in a while (trust me and my Maltina lifestyle to go and spoil their table for them but…)
Anyway, one day I had to ask, how do you break even.
He said just one supply to Cubana, was sufficient for him. He asked me if I had ever been to Cubana, I said no so he asked me to get ready that evening.
A bottle of water, was like ten times the street value.
The only place I had ever seen that sort of witchcraft, was at Transcorp Hilton.
Where if you touch one bottle of Coke that year, they will use their church mind to call N500 for you. Church mind o, no Obi akpo involved.
So go back and listen to that video. When they talk about Obi Cubana’s simplicity and open mindedness, I saw it in that video. Others will tell you that “na God” or some other yeyerity, Obi actually said there was no magic solution other than hard work. No miracle prayers, no babalawo injection - just hard work.
And then he went ahead to list exactly how he got to where he is today. And encouraged others to keep working hard at what you do. You may win in some you may fail in some, but don’t give up.
So…
… is it that we just sha criticize even when there is nothing to criticize?
Because some hot takes I have gotten from that video, I had to go back and re watch again to be sure I was on the right track.

WRITTEN BY Viola Ifeyinwa Okolie

No comments:

Post a Comment