popads

BAR

Thursday 22 February 2018

RESPONSABILITA ESCLUSIVA EPISODE 2

 
  My sister came back that day after travelling to visit her Father for her marriage preparations. She obviously had a tough time there as her mode was terrible and that made her to groin in the pains of discovering that her dad was so less concern and indifferent towards the arrangement for the marriage ceremony. I tried to advise her and to a certain level it worked.

The next morning she called me and off I went thinking it was just the normal call but just then, she handed me a bunch of cash and asked me to count. I did just that and it was #100,000. From there I realized the stage was set for my journey to the realm of entrepreneurship. I thank her and asked her to give me time till the end of January when I will make the returns as agreed in the recording we did. That was how I learnt my first real lesson about business and capitals.


Wednesday was a day before my second off at work and I was on morning shift with a colleague we got employed together. He was a batch c corps member who was serving in the state and wasn’t planning to return to his state anytime soon. I arrived at the outlet 2 of the company with fears that I might not see the key to the office but luckily for me all the supervisors had the key since all the senior staff were sharing the office. I picked up the transfer, chairman’s drawing and bread money, daily cash analysis and resource book to be presented to the director. I also handed a change of #20,000 to the front office for the daily operations and also counted the Jeri cans available for diesel purchase. This was the daily morning routine we were subjected to  as one would not want to appear before the chairman without having a clue of what is happening in his or her outlet. After much work at the headquarters as that morning I happen to be working alone, it was funny as the pressure was alarming. Just when I thought I would have a little respite, my office telecom rang. I picked it and the familiar voice saying Edidiong come to my office echoed. I responded yes sir and off I sluggishly moved to the chairman’s office. I knocked on the door once, open it and immediately my feet step into the office he handed me a paper and gave me #180,000 with an account number written on his official piece of paper. Pay in this money to this account he said. I collected the paper, scanned it and went back to my office after confirming the money. Few minutes later, I was on the streets of uyo asking anybody I came by the location of stanbic ibtc bank. I was disappointed as no one seems to know the location after trekking tirelessly along Aka road banking layout something struck me that I should have called my senior colleague. I gave myself two soft slaps and wondering why I didn’t have such idea earlier. Immediately I gave her a call, she told me the location and that was it. Coming back from the bank, I decided to trek a little in my usual craziness. After about 250m, I wanted to cross the road to the other side when I heard shouts of my name. I turn around and behold there was my sister. I crossed back excited to see her and we exchange pleasantries although i already knew from mum when we spoke on phone that she was in town for her marriage preparation as just four days was left for the occasion. She looked lean but even when I was the junior I tried to advise her at least i couldn’t afford the stress getting the best of her health. After a long chat, the camera man she wanted to contract for the occasion came along and I had lots to do at the office so I just explained to her and she said okay. I went back to the office while she entered the studios for their final contract agreements. Staffs salary delay didn’t really seem to be a problem to me but later I discovered that I was uncomfortable with such arrangement and as it would be, complain was far from it as you don’t just start a new job with such remarkable attitude.

READ EPISODE 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment