popads

BAR

Friday 29 December 2017

RESPONSABILITA ESCLUSIVA EPISODE 1



     Watching Korean TV Series became part of my devotion. Addicted to their series, I made sure that I infected everyone I came in contact with and was well known for such effect. This was exactly
what I was watching that evening before I left a friends place. I wanted to sleep early in preparation for work the following day. I got to the house and started flipping through some novel I took from my friends place as I couldn’t sleep due to loud bangs from fireworks that rant the air. Finally I was done with it and was just lying down eyes staring at the ceiling while my mine was off to the business plan I had conceived during my service year. I couldn’t fathom why I had obsession for shoe making but I guess it must have been due to the fact that it was the skill acquisition I learn in camp. At a point I took to writing down my business plan and made tremendous effort to convince them towards investing in the business. Jobless in the house for three weeks was getting the better of me, I was desperate and needed something to fill myself with. Whenever I discuss the idea with my sister it didn’t always come out well as mocks and admonitions’ would occupy her reactions to my bogus and over ambitious plans. Once she said that if I wanted to start a business I would have done enough by saving my NYSC allowance for it. I stupidly tried to counter her by stressing that it was called allowance not salary and as such was meant for feeding not savings. Thank God she didn’t take my statement personal and serious as that would have been a hell lot of mouth bantering.
      Precisely 8:30pm in the evening, I got a message on my Airtel line that I should come for interview in a fast food joint where I had worked previously before my tertiary Education. I was not excited about it since I was on the verge of starting my business. I tried to weight the options I had with God on my mind that his direction for me would be the ultimate. The next day which was 16th of November 2015 the scheduled date for the interview, I took my bath as early as I could and made no effort to prepare breakfast for myself and mum as we were both going out. I entered Uyo at about 9:00am on time for the interview. As familiar as the environment was, I got tensed up as I wasn’t comfortable going for the interview and having to work again in the same establishment. Passing through the lobby I headed straight to the conference hall and sat down with the others covering my face partially as I didn’t want anybody recognizing my face at first. Then a young lady came in, greeted us and gave us intro as to why we are all there and how things would be done. The voice was familiar, so I looked up and someone was shocked to see me. Uncle as male staffs are usually referred to your face looks familiar she said; I retorted with a sentence like reply, I have worked here before. She exclaimed yes and was about to prolong the chat but I had covered my face and acted disenchanted by the familiarity before she stopped and asked the other applicants if they came with all the requirements’. I heave a sign of relieve and concentrated on my phone. Acanon why didn’t you wake me was all I could mutter after realizing that outside was as bright as a stadium light would shone on a 9 by 9 inch room. It was 6:50am so I didn’t even bother about taking my bath as I was late for work. After trekking for a distance of almost 100m, I wave at a keke the way the road warders would do, after much failure, one stop few meters from me. I rushed to the rider; Ikot Ekpene road was the only word that came from my mouth. He obliged and off I went. Got to work at exactly 7:10am thankfully my colleague was there already. I was supposed to go to the outlet ii since our department run the two branch of the company as one office in Uyo but she had covered for me and I was delighted as I couldn’t afford the name of a late comer as a first impression since I was new to the system and it was my second week at work.

READ EPISODE 2 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment